Realizing the potential God has for KARM largely depends on the quality and engagement of our staff. So we put a high priority on attracting, developing, and maintaining fantastic people in our workplace.
We happen to think this is a great place to work! In fact, we were named a U.S. Best Christian Workplace in 2014 by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Some of the reasons given by our employees?
▪ Being able to worship, pray, and share openly in a Christian organization ▪ The people we serve and the work itself ▪ My co-workers and the teamwork, love and support we share ▪ The support I receive from my supervisor ▪
KARM Shelter Positions
If you’re interested in employment with KARM programs at either location (418 N. Broadway or Serenity), review the open positions described below. Each description will include specific instructions for applying. Note that you will receive an acknowledgement when we have received the information requested for a particular position. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The VP of Programs for KARM should have experience and character which approximate the following: (1) Follower of Christ – A faith that permeates all areas of the individual’s life. Denominational background is not important; however, core beliefs about what it means to be a follower of Christ and how this manifests itself on one’s daily life is essential; (2) Passionate about the plight of the homeless – Someone whose heart breaks for the homeless and believes that ministry to the poor is a priority in God’s economy; (3) An innovative builder – KARM is where it is today because the President/CEO and the Board have encouraged innovation. A visionary leader who has been innovative in building sustainable, high impact programs and/or organizations will feel at home at KARM; (4) Driven to Excellence – When you dig deep into the KARM website and view the introductory videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/SIMAExecSearch), you will know that KARM is driven to excellence in the programs and services they provide to the homeless people in their area; and (5) Collaborative Team Builder / Leader – Getting the job done with and through others (employees and volunteers) is an integral part of the success and impact of KARM. The right person will have demonstrated success in inspiring and encouraging staff; building community and fostering ownership in the mission and vision of the organization. To access the full Opportunity Profile and to view the Process of Candidacy, click here.
- The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for growing a specific portfolio of major donors at the $25,000+ level. Reporting to the VP-Development, this individual is part of the Development team charged with generating monetary donations to the ministry. The Major Gifts Officer manages donor relationships in order to renew and increase current giving and cultivate and generate new major donors. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity to significantly contribute to this outreach ministry, please submit your cover letter and resume to Betsy McCall (email@example.com) with a copy to Christi Panter (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Reisa Group, Inc. (www.reisagroup.com) is a search firm retained by KARM.
- The Director-Donor Relations is responsible for developing, maintaining, and growing a specific portfolio of major donors at the $5,000-$25,000 level. Reporting to the VP-Development, this individual is charged with developing strategies and applications for donor data analytics to determine specific methods of donor cultivation. The Director-Donor Relations manages relationships in order to increase current giving and cultivate new donors. For additional detail, please click here.
- KARM is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of People Services Manager to help build a great corporate culture – one where employees, volunteers, and those receiving services from KARM are connected, valued and supported. The People Services Manager will oversee recruiting, staffing and onboarding, benefits administration, ensuring the accurate and timely management of employee data, managing employee relations policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal and Tennessee employment regulations, and ensuring the effective management of the annual and ongoing performance management processes. For additional detail, please click here.
Internship, Clinicals, and Practicum Opportunities
Students of accredited colleges and universities are able to gain hands-on learning and experience in the non-profit, human services, and ministry fields. Our goal is to support educational pursuits through assignments that allow the student to leave with valuable knowledge and insights for their future pursuits. To start the process, please submit the Application for Internship (click here) a minimum of four weeks in advance of the proposed assignment. **Please note: University of Tennessee social work field placement candidates should instead click here to complete a brief application.
Current employment opportunities at KARM Stores are listed below. For additional information on an open position, click the title to see more details and to apply. For additional questions, contact us.