Realizing the potential God has for KARM largely depends on the quality and engagement of our staff. So we put a high priority on attracting, developing, and maintaining fantastic people in our workplace.
We happen to think this is a great place to work! In fact, we were named a U.S. Best Christian Workplace in 2014 by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Some of the reasons given by our employees?
▪ Being able to worship, pray, and share openly in a Christian organization ▪ The people we serve and the work itself ▪ My co-workers and the teamwork, love and support we share ▪ The support I receive from my supervisor ▪
KARM Shelter Positions
If you’re interested in employment with KARM programs at either location (418 N. Broadway or Serenity), review the open positions described below. Each description will include specific instructions for applying. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
- Cook: Did you know that KARM prepares over 800 nutritious meals every day to serve our guests? It takes a great team to make that happen! We’re currently searching for an experienced, reliable, creative Cook to join the team. Part-time position (32 hours/week) available now. Click here for additional information about applying for this position.
- FrontLine Team Members: Our Programs team serves on the front lines of ministry where the basic needs of shelter and food are provided. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for multiple positions in our FrontLine team. We are accepting applications for both PRN (on call/as needed) and full-time positions with availability to work in the evening, overnight, and on weekends. Click here for additional information about applying for this position.
- Director-People Services: KARM is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, People Services to help bring the right people – employees, volunteers, interns and other professionals – into the ministry; creating and sustaining work environments that foster personal, professional, and spiritual growth; shaping and preserving KARM’s unique ministry culture; and helping make KARM a great place to work. Click here for additional information about applying for this position.
- Vice President-Development: KARM is seeking its next Vice President-Development to provide dynamic leadership and direction to resource development and fundraising efforts in support of its mission. Keystone Executive Search and Recruitment has been retained to conduct this search. Additional information on the search process may be obtained through Ron Infinger, Senior Executive Search Consulting Associate at Keystone Executive Search, or by visiting http://www.keystone-executive-search.com and clicking on the “Browse Jobs” page for position information and to submit an application online.
Internships, Clinicals and Practicum Opportunities
Students of accredited colleges and universities are able to gain hands-on learning and experience in the non-profit, human services, and ministry fields. Our goal is to support educational pursuits through assignments that allow the student to leave with valuable knowledge and insights for their future pursuits. To start the process, please submit the Application for Internship (click here) a minimum of four weeks in advance of the proposed assignment.
**Please note: University of Tennessee social work field placement candidates should instead click here to complete a brief application.
Current employment opportunities at KARM Stores are listed below. For additional information on an open position, click the title to see more details and to apply. For additional questions, contact us.