Realizing the potential God has for KARM largely depends on the quality and engagement of our staff. So we put a high priority on attracting, developing, and maintaining fantastic people in our workplace.
We happen to think this is a great place to work! In fact, we were named a U.S. Best Christian Workplace in 2014 by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Some of the reasons given by our employees?
▪ Being able to worship, pray, and share openly in a Christian organization ▪ The people we serve and the work itself ▪ My co-workers and the teamwork, love and support we share ▪ The support I receive from my supervisor ▪
KARM Main Campus Shelter Positions
If you’re interested in employment with KARM programs at either location (418 N. Broadway or Serenity), review the open positions described below. Each description will include specific instructions for applying. To apply for a position, please click here. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
- KARM is seeking qualified FrontLine Team Members PRN (on-call, as-needed) to serve on the front lines of ministry, creating a safe, respectful, hospitable environment in which basic necessities of life are provided to support the care of guests. Maintain a fertile and stimulating environment of hope for client commitment to personal change. Utilize community knowledge and administrative skills to advocate in connecting guests to needed resources. Monitor the activities of guests in all areas of the facility. Offer one-on-one care, encouragement, and support. Maintain necessary documentation for efficient service delivery and accomplishing of ministry purpose. Supervise and train volunteers as assigned. Exhibit a caring Christian lifestyle to guests, co-workers, volunteers and donors. To learn more and to apply for this position, please click here: FrontLine Team Member
Internships, Clinicals and Practicum Opportunities
Students of accredited colleges and universities are able to gain hands-on learning and experience in the non-profit, human services, and ministry fields. Our goal is to support educational pursuits through assignments that allow the student to leave with valuable knowledge and insights for their future pursuits. To start the process, please submit the Application for Internship (click here) a minimum of four weeks in advance of the proposed assignment.
**Please note: University of Tennessee social work field placement candidates should instead click here to complete a brief application.
Employment opportunities at KARM Stores are always available for mission-minded individuals. Positions on our retail and processing teams are open across KARM Stores locations.
- Head Cashier and Sales Associate
- Inventory Stocker
- Truck Manager and Movers
- Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Worker
- Distribution and Donation Pick Up Drivers
- Processing and Assistant Processing Manager
- Retail and Assistant Retail Manager
- Receiving and Assistant Receiving Manager
Apply Now for any of the positions that interests you.