Realizing the potential God has for KARM largely depends on the quality and engagement of our staff. So we put a high priority on attracting, developing, and maintaining fantastic people in our workplace.
We happen to think this is a great place to work! In fact, we were named a U.S. Best Christian Workplace in 2014 by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Some of the reasons given by our employees?
▪ Being able to worship, pray, and share openly in a Christian organization ▪ The people we serve and the work itself ▪ My co-workers and the teamwork, love and support we share ▪ The support I receive from my supervisor ▪
KARM Shelter Positions
If you’re interested in employment with KARM programs at either location (418 N. Broadway or Serenity), review the open positions described below. Each description will include specific instructions for applying. Note that you will receive an acknowledgement when we have received the information requested for a particular position. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
- Did you know that KARM prepares over 800 nutritious meals every day to serve our guests? It takes a great team to make that happen! Volunteers, vendors, and donors are part of the equation, but of course our great employees are, too. We’re currently searching for an experienced, reliable, creative Cook to join the team. Cooks ▪ undertake a wide range of tasks in support of a high-volume production schedule – prep, inventory control, cooking (sauté, grill, bake, fry, etc.) ▪ maintain a clean and safe kitchen environment ▪ model Christian commitment to students and program clients who work in the kitchen ▪ and maintain healthy Christian relationships with all staff (including volunteers), donors, vendors, clients, and guests. Part-time position (32 hours/week) available now. Click here for additional information about applying for this position.
- KARM engages in various event and event-type endeavors intended to raise funds, raise ministry awareness and “issues,” and conduct ministry outreach. The Event Manager is responsible for raising maximum funds with maximum ROI for KARM through established ministry fundraising events and fundraising events conducted by other organizations on KARM’s behalf; ensuring appreciation and awareness events meet intended outcomes and lending internal technical and logistical support to ministry outreach efforts and major donor functions. All events are expected to be carried out with the KARM “brand of excellence.” Current events generate $500K annual income; the manager will be expected to grow income from these events to an achievable minimum of $750K within eighteen months. Requirements include: spiritually mature and committed Christian; a “people person” with a warm, engaging and enthusiastic manner that excites and attracts participants; five (5) years’ related experience w/a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and training; sound verbal, written, and public speaking skills; demonstrated leadership ability and management and organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills, as well as a high level of maturity in social and professional settings. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity to significantly contribute to this outreach ministry, please submit your cover letter and resume to Betsy McCall (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about KARM, visit www.karm.org.
- A calling to live out one’s Christian faith through ministry to the homeless can be lived out in many vital ways at Knox Area Rescue Ministries. Our Programs team serves on the front lines of ministry by providing safe and welcoming spaces where the all-important relationships of trust begin to develop, where basic needs of shelter and food are provided, and where services and programs to help people move from despair to hope and possibility are offered. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for multiple positions in our FrontLine team, which is on the ground 24/7. FrontLine Team Members are often the first person a homeless person will meet when arriving at KARM. Their role is to maintain a safe and secure environment, offering care, encouragement, and support. Ideal candidates will have a deep and mature commitment to the Christian faith and the ability to share the Gospel; the ability to show mercy, be hospitable, and to be an example of servant leadership; experience leading to a basic understanding of mental illness, alcohol and drug addiction issues, physical and sexual abuse, and poverty, specifically in regard to how to communicate with and respond to individuals affected by these conditions. The FrontLine Team Member monitors the activities of guests during assigned work hours, supervises labor assignments of guests, assists with emergencies, and interfaces with the Crossroads Welcome Center and other internal support teams. We are accepting applications now and in particular are in need of those interested in both PRN (on call/as needed) and full-time positions with availability to work in the evening, overnight, and on weekends. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and employment application to email@example.com. Click here for the application, which can be faxed to 865.633.7650 or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KARM is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, People Services to help bring the right people – employees, volunteers, interns and other professionals – into the ministry; creating and sustaining work environments that foster personal, professional, and spiritual growth; shaping and preserving KARM’s unique ministry culture; and helping make KARM a great place to work. The Director, People Services will serve as a member of the leadership team, is a key representative of KARM in the candidate community, builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships, and is excellence minded and highly motivated. Click here for a more detailed description of the position and instructions for applying for this position.
- KARM is seeking its next Vice President of Development (VP-Development) to provide dynamic leadership and direction to resource development and fundraising efforts in support of its mission. The new VP-Development will be committed to providing strong leadership based on his/her knowledge and understanding of fundraising concepts, tools and approaches. Under his/her leadership, a strategic resource development/fundraising plan will be established, incorporating all facets of fundraising to ensure revenues are available to meet the financial needs of the organization today and in the future. Keystone Executive Search and Recruitment has been retained to conduct this search. Additional information on the search process may be obtained through Ron Infinger, Senior Executive Search Consulting Associate at Keystone Executive Search, or by visiting http://www.keystone-executive-search.com and clicking on the “Browse Jobs” page for position information and to submit an application online.
Internships, Clinicals and Practicum Opportunities
- Students of accredited colleges and universities are able to gain hands-on learning and experience in the non-profit, human services, and ministry fields. Our goal is to support educational pursuits through assignments that allow the student to leave with valuable knowledge and insights for their future pursuits. To start the process, please submit the Application for Internship (click here) a minimum of four weeks in advance of the proposed assignment. **Please note: University of Tennessee social work field placement candidates should instead
click here to complete a brief application.
Current employment opportunities at KARM Stores are listed below. For additional information on an open position, click the title to see more details and to apply. For additional questions, contact us.